WELCOME TO SWHS LAKERS MEN'S SOCCER!
If you are an incoming freshmen or new to SWHS men's soccer program:
1) Being in top condition will be critically important. Under the "Fitness" link you will find the fitness expectation's for the team. At the bottom of that page, you will find a 10 week conditioning program.
2) Participation in the SWHS Youth Soccer Camp is highly recommended. Details are under the "Youth Summer Camp" link on the home page.
3) Participation in the Captain's Practice lead by Adam Ulring and Jimmy Dalton. Details on the home page.
4) Tryouts for the team are typically during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of August. Check the calendar on the home page for exact dates.
5) The boys will be evaluated with the potential of making any of the four teams: Varsity, JV, Sophomore and Freshman. Being cut from the roster is possible.
6) Please refer to SWHS Athletics (http://southwest.mpls.k12.mn.us/athletics) for Athletic forms and official fall sports sign up information. The forms and fees associated with fall sports are due back to SW Athletic Office by August 5th.
7) Freshman will need a physical prior to tryouts beginning. This physical is valid for three years.
8) There will be a Welcome Picnic for the Boy's and Girl's Soccer teams and their parents. The time, date and location will be determined soon.
9) Any questions what so ever concerning the program and coaching staff, please contact Head Coach Jamie Plaisance: 612.987.5767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any other questions, please refer to the "Contact" page.
10) Please be sure that the Booster Club has your contact information as any information that is not directly communicated from Coach to Player will come from the Booster Club.
Player Name/Phone/email AND Parent(s) Name(s)/Phone(s)/email(s)
The Boy's Soccer Website will be the place for you to find all of the information for the upcoming year. The intent is for it to be a parent friendly, straight forward information depository.
As we move into the season, we will ask for your involvement in, and contribution to, the Men's Booster Club. From both a volunteer, as well as a financial standpoint, the SWHS Boy's Soccer program requires a significant contribution from the Booster Club to be able to operate and provide an elite High School soccer program in Minnesota for nearly 80 boys.